Our library is named in honor of Dr. Earl K. Oldham. Dr. Oldham was an integral figure in the development and sustaining of Arlingotn Baptist College.
Dr. Oldham was born April 16, 1920, in Claude, Texas. After marrying his wife Louise (or Mrs. O. as we know her), he attended the Bible Baptist Seminary under the tutelage of Dr. J. Frank Norris. In 1945, Dr. Oldham became the pastor of Calvary Baptist Church in Grand Prairie, Texas.
While pastoring at Calvary Baptist, Dr. Oldham also served as president of Arlington Baptist College from of 1953 to 1980. He was a fordiable leader and prepared many young people for service in the ministry.
In the years following Dr. Oldham's presidency, he served the college as Chancellor until his death in 1995.
The EKO Library is proud to house Dr. Oldham's personal library on the upper floor.